Tuesday, November 08, 2005

First example of using scilab

I tried generating beat waves using scilab


-->Ts=0.0001;

-->n=-1000:1000;

-->tn=n*Ts;

-->xn=2*cos(40*3.14159*tn).*cos(800*3.14159*tn);

-->plot(tn, xn);



This program shows the Beat waves for the equations given below

eq1

Equations for the two signals

The individual plots and the resultant beat wave is shown below


Plot of frequency equal to 20

Plot of frequency equal to 400


Resultant Beat Wave


This should come as no surprise, that beating forms the basis for Amplitude modulation.

The equation has been mentioned in Signal Processing First (© 2003, James H. McClellan Ronald W. Schafer, and Mark A. Yoder)

No comments:

Ranking and Unranking permutations

I've been a big fan of Skiena's Algorithm Design Manual , I recently found my first edition of the book (although I own the third ed...