Thursday, March 01, 2007

Balbir's log 1st March 2007

  1. Read a very interesting algorithm called the Ford-Johnson method for sorting. I ended up opening Knuth's Volume 3: Sorting and Searching and reading through his quite amazing illustration and explanation of the method.
    • References - Don Knuth, vol 3, 3rd Edition, Page 184
    • Horowitz and Sahni, Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms
  2. Read through the introduction in the Algorithms book by Papadimitriou, et.al. See my post on a fun way to multiply numbers
  3. Played around with the python programming language after a big break

2 comments:

Ngm said...

Hey Balbir!

How are you, good to read your blog after a long time, good to know that you are still updating it unlike me

Balbir said...

Hey, Narasimha,

I am good and very busy with work. I try to keep the blog up to date, but sometimes things do get in the way and stop me.

Anyway, it's time you updated your blog.

Ranking and Unranking permutations

I've been a big fan of Skiena's Algorithm Design Manual , I recently found my first edition of the book (although I own the third ed...