Monday, June 18, 2007

MS (Software Systems)

I received my MS degree from BITS Pilani today. Wow! I am now qualified to do more, I feel so energized. As I am writing this blog, I look at the pile of books of my M.S. curriculum and the dissertation report of the final semester. Flashing in front of my eyes are my last minute attempts to read up a whole book in a week, my stupidity in believing that an open book examination can be passed by carrying along enough books.

Anyhow, that is the past and I learnt a lot from it. As I sit here and examine the past, I know that the process of learning never ends, but learning the same thing is rarely fun (a.k.a repeating your mistakes). But as my copy of Don Knuth's The Art of Computer Programming tells me, I'll never learn anything at once, I'll need to learn somethings during the next reading; I realize that I've just completed a small milestone in a long journey.

13 comments:

Mr CEO said...

Hey Balbir,
Congratulations man!
Bhaskar

Mr CEO said...

congratulations

kattricker said...

congrats balbir! what was your final sem thesis about?

Balbir said...

Vijay, Karthik

Thanks a ton! My final thesis was to do with Resource Management in Linux. I am planning to make a copy available soon.

Phani said...

Hey Balbir,

Congratulations. The last time i heard about your MS was when you were filling up the application form and now you completed. That is cool. So, what next....?

Vinuthan Bhat said...

Hi Balbir,

congrats and good to c ur blog.

loads of info

Balbir said...

Hi, Vinuthan,

Thanks for the Kudos.

Balbir

Balbir said...

Phani,

Next is work, work, life and more life. Time has passed so quickly, though I still remembering struggling to read through the course material at-least once and coming back home and repenting what I did in the exam :-)

Balbir

Balbir said...

Thanks everyone, my M.S. Thesis is now available online (see the other blog post, you'll find it :-))

Nischal said...

Congrats Balbir!!..

I have taken this course starting Nov last year. Can you pls guide me through the course. If possible can you pass on materials which you had referred. Will be really helpful.

Thanks,
Nischal.R

Balbir said...

I have some books, but the subjects and syllabi keep changing quite frequently. I did not make much use of the course material provided by the instructors. All though, I realized much later that it is very very important to look at them.

Nischal said...

By course materials you mean the Virtual univ link is it. do you have any soft copy of any docs..i am really finding it difficult to read from the text books. My email..nischal33@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Nischal.R

Prem Kumar.Cx said...

hey
, can i know what we have to do in disertation . i m bit confused. I m new to ths M.S Bits

Ranking and Unranking permutations

I've been a big fan of Skiena's Algorithm Design Manual , I recently found my first edition of the book (although I own the third ed...