After this blunder, the regular express or ISO based mechanism of BIOS update refused to work. Thanks to the recovery BIOS mechanism on my Intel board, I removed the jumper pins (see manual for your BIOS), put in the CD with .bio file burnt on it.
- .bio is the recover BIOS. Burning
- .bio from Windows burner created a UDF filesystem on the CD, which the failed to work.
I had to force a iso9660 file format from my Linux partition and recover. After the recovery BIOS update, I put back the jumper pins and got back to normal work. My Intel 3D graphics problem on Linux is not yet completely gone, but I do hope to debug it more and not hear back (update BIOS) when I ask for help
In summary, stop believing your search results if you want to be productive :)