Saturday, April 30, 2011

Match fixing (WC 2011)

I wonder if such controversies are created to make people believe that the losing team was too good for the opposition (winning team), but money got in the way.

Somehow, the WC 2011 win does not seem fixed, I remember seeing the joy on Mahela's face and the joy when the Srilankan's got to the half way mark. They thought they had won the match.

Allegations take away from the hard work of the players and glory. It sure is hard on players who are dedicated to the cause of their teams.

1 comment:

Gops said...

Couldn't agree with you more. The ones who say this are the ones who believe that money is everything and pride and the sheer joy of accomplishment count for nothing. Such losers must be prosecuted for slander.

Ranking and Unranking permutations

I've been a big fan of Skiena's Algorithm Design Manual , I recently found my first edition of the book (although I own the third ed...