Wednesday, January 04, 2006

When the past comes back with a surprise

Long long ago, I had posted a patch to lkml for O(1) estimation of slab size estimation.

Here is the original email and the thread. This morning, I saw the following threads

  1. slab.c:cache_estimate cleanup
  2. [PATCH] micro optimization of cache_estimate in slab.c

In the latest thread, both myself and Steven Rostedt have posted our analysis to prove that the O(1) algorithm works. Interested? Check all the three emails and their threads.

As usual comments are welcome, this time clarifications too!

2 comments:

Gops said...

Awesome!
Few things are more inspiring than knowing that your work is used, right?

Balbir said...

Gops,

Yes. It is and the fact that other respected people in the community accept and acknowledge such small things.

I love my analysis as well, I think I got it right

Ranking and Unranking permutations

I've been a big fan of Skiena's Algorithm Design Manual , I recently found my first edition of the book (although I own the third ed...