Try answering these questions and score yourself.
- How many times have you seen a question about a problem being repeated?
- Why do you they created FAQs?
- How many FAQs have you read?
- What was the last release notes you read?
- Which book did you read last (not related to your course)?
- What new techniques did you read and discover in the last two years?
- What kind of documentation did you write and share for your last project?
- What was the last software manual you read?
- What was the ratio of comments to code in
- Programs you wrote
- Programs you read
The answers to these questions might not be a simple yes or no, but it will give you a fair idea of how we programmers are lazy and totally ignore documentation.