Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Image Drawing Dilemma

Good posts demand good illustration. That is true for all topics but especially true for technical content (I know I promised more non-technical content, I have quite a bit of it, but it needs to be organized and reviewed).

I have been evaluating the following options for illustrating

  1. Hand drawn (I have a scanner)
  2. Using a tool like VISIO (openoffice has a decent tool too)
  3. Using my favourite MetaPost/LaTeX/pdfLaTeX/MetaFun
  4. Using PIC
  5. Using Graphviz

In this post, lets look at hand drawn images. Here are two hand drawn and scanned images - what do you make of them?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think hand-drawn stuff is OK, particularly for most CS stuff.

Ranking and Unranking permutations

I've been a big fan of Skiena's Algorithm Design Manual , I recently found my first edition of the book (although I own the third ed...