Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Fourier Series

I tried exploring the Fourier series a bit more (to learn DSP well). I found two wonderful references, which I must share.

Eric W. Weisstein. "Fourier Series." From MathWorld--A Wolfram Web Resource. The discussion of orthonognal functions is particularly insightful and so is the discussion on the Gibbs Phenomenon.



The second one is R W Hammings book on Numerical Analysis. I wish all books were written in the same simple manner this book adopts. After all, the "Purpose of computing is insight, not numbers"

I remember some of these details from my engineering days, but I wish I had access to these resources then.

No comments:

Ranking and Unranking permutations

I've been a big fan of Skiena's Algorithm Design Manual , I recently found my first edition of the book (although I own the third ed...