Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Problem solving and Decision Making

I recently attended a training on Problem Solving and Decision Making. The training was nice, what struck me most that there are so many known techniques for problem solving and decision making. I/We use many of them unknowingly, but there is so much more to explore. As I explore further, I shall share details on this blog, but meanwhile, I will leave you with a problem.

Given 9 points (arranged as 3x3 matrix) connect all the points using 4 lines. The rules are

  1. Tracing back is not allowed
  2. The pen/pencil should not be lifted from the paper while drawing.
More soon....

No comments:

Ranking and Unranking permutations

I've been a big fan of Skiena's Algorithm Design Manual , I recently found my first edition of the book (although I own the third ed...