Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Late Night Help for a desperate photographer

I had taken some cool photographs using my digital camera. My previous installation of Windows 2000 had gone bad, so I reinstalled it. One of things that happened was that I misplaced my Cammedia software that comes with my camera. Olympus would not supply the software online. They asked me to contact an Olympus dealer.

Linux came in very handy, I was able to read my photographs using Digikam. See the screen shot below

snapshot1

I guess this is just one of the many good things about open source.

Check out digikam. Also check out the screen shots at Digikam ScreenShots

2 comments:

Unknown said...

did you got SuSe on your desktop....cool

Riaz

Balbir said...

Yes, SuSe was the only thing that worked for me.

Ranking and Unranking permutations

I've been a big fan of Skiena's Algorithm Design Manual , I recently found my first edition of the book (although I own the third ed...